Admission to the CORE for training is based on the following factors:
- Proof of Citizenship or legal status (INS Card);
- Have no felony convictions;
- Misdemeanors of violent nature.
Permits may not be issued if student has a conviction of a crime and punishment or fine of over $500.00. Applications will be submitted to the State of California and will be issued after a background check which takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Common reasons for State denial may include, but NOT limited to, offenses for drugs, weapons or convictions of a violent nature. (Felony &/or misdemeanor)
- No low cut or revealing dresses or blouses, or spaghetti straps.
- No T-shirts with offensive logo’s or wording.
- In short, regular, professional “office” level or casual (polo-jeans etc)
The Classroom is large enough to accommodate up to ten (10) Students with ease, including wheel chairs.
May be available upon request.
Students are expected to conduct themselves in a reasonable manner, reflective of the working world, and abide by school regulations. The school reserves the right to place students on probation or dismiss them from the school when necessary.
The following, although not all inclusive, are instances that lead to probation or dismissal:
- Theft or destruction of school or student property;
- Any type of dishonesty or cheating;
- Physical abuse of any person on school property;
- Illegal possession of firearms or other weapon;
- Intentional disruption of any school activity;
- Possession, use, or sale of illicit drugs or alcoholic beverages during scheduled school hours;
- Violation of school regulations.
A grade point average of 85 percent (85%) is required for successful completion of the training program. All grading is done by the instructor. Students have one hundred and thirty (30) days from the time of enrollment to complete all phases of the training program.
All payments are due at the beginning of the course. A student is signing up and paying to take a course, there is no guarantee the student will pass based only on attendance and payment. The student will be required to attain a passing score on the written exam and the live fire qualification.
Core Training Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Age, Handicap, Financial Status, Area of Origin or Residence in Admissions or Instructional Policies.
Students must keep good attendance:
- All hours must be completed;
- Any hours, or portion thereof, missed by a student, must be made up at a date specified by CORE.;
- With Instructor approval make-up hours must be completed no later than ninety (90) days after course ends unless a medical reason has been confirmed. It is the responsibility of the student to notify the instructor and request authorization to make up the missed hours.
- Students may cease instruction at any time;
- Fees are collected only for completed courses and those started ;
- Refunds will only be made 3 day cancellation notice of any course.
Maintenance of Student Records
Core Training Solutions will retain all students’ records for a period of two (2) years at Core’s primary administrative office located 2701 Telegraph Ave. #200, Oakland, CA 94612. Duplicate records will be maintained off-site.
If in the event that Core should close, all records shall be maintained for a period of two (2) years at a specified location, and shall be available for inspection and copying during normal business hours and may be charged reasonable costs actually incurred by Core for the use of Core’s equipment and material to make copies as specified in Section 1563(b) (1) of the Evidence Code.
English as a Second Language
Core does not offer English as a second language, but will accommodate students with limited English skills and test orally.
Refunds will only be made if the student gives 3 day cancellation notice of any course.